• Zayed Almansouri, Graduate Student, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering – placed second in the 3MT competition with his presentation, "Improving Access to Clean Drinking Water through Nanoparticles"
• Greg Anderson, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, Faculty of Arts – received a DAAD/AICGS Research Fellowship at the American Institute for Contemporary German Studies at John Hopkins University to explore conditions affecting trans-Atlantic trade
• Yvonne Becker, Associate Professor, Physical Education, Augustana Campus – inducted into the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) Hall of Fame
• Danielle Clark , Master’s Student, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry – received an ADEA/Crest Oral-B Scholarship for Dental Hygiene Students Pursuing Academic Careers
• Margie Davenport, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation – received an Advancing Women’s Heart Health research award from the Heart & Stroke Foundation
• Louis Francescutti, Professor, School of Public Health – received the Governor General’s Meritorious Service Medal (Military Division)
• Farhia Haque, Graduate Student, Neuroscience and Mental Health Institute, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry – won the People's Choice Award in the 3MT competition for her presentation, "Rogue Soldiers: Neurons That Help Us Walk"
• Irehobhude Iyioha, Visiting Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law – received a Canadian Association of Law Teachers (CALT) Award
• Stephen Johnston, Chair, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Faculty of Science – awarded the J. Willis Ambrose Medal by the Geological Association of Canada
• Kurt Konhauser, Professor, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Faculty of Science – named a Geochemical Fellow by the Geochemical Society and the European Association of Geochemistry
• Elaine Leslie, Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry – received the V.E. Henderson Award from the Society of Toxicology of Canada
• Kristi Ngo, Student, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry – received the Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists Student Leadership Award
• Mohamed Omar, PhD Student, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry – received the International Association of Dental Research (IADR) Unilever Hatton Award 2017
• Eric Rivard, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science – received a Humboldt Research Fellowship to study inorganic molecular chemistry in Germany
• Lily Sun, Student, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry – received an Outstanding Interdisciplinary Award at the Festival of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
• Joe Voytechek, Former Coach, Augustana Men’s Hockey – inducted into the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) Hall of Fame
• Autumn Watkinson, Graduate Student, Department of Renewable Resources, Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences – won first place in the 3MT competition for her presentation, "Restoring Sagebrush Habitat for Greater Sage Grouse Recovery"
• AlbertaSat – successfully launched the Ex-Alta #1 – Alberta’s first satellite – into space
Finally, congratulations to all of recent award recipients recognized by the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry!
firstname.lastname@example.org. Community Congrats! is usually published on Wednesdays.